This is my second post, a week and a half has passed and I still do not know how to proceed with things.
I can always tell myself that everything will be okay, that all is well. My reason usually always is that I can do it, that I can surmount it. However, it comes to a point when my strength has dried up, when all things possible with myself has been done and yet there are still problems to face. In spite of all my accomplishments, it feels like nothing has been accomplished. I currently have a sprained ankle due to a bad misstep. It has been a
week since that event and yet the pain is still there. However, God has
been faithful even as I have fallen short. I thank Jesus Christ for His
continual patience with me, with all of us.
I have been recently listening again to Josh Wilson's album with the same title as His name. The song I'm going to talk about is entitled, "Savior, Please". It speaks about how futile our efforts are to change into the person I want myself to be. I want to follow Christ and yet such things is beyond me, as I see myself settling back in the old ways. That life is so fast and how days quickly passes me by.
The song has constantly reminded my need to keep connecting with God especially now in one of these moments when I lose hope. To keep on relying on God when all else fail. To always ask God to save us because we always do need saving. I am going to post the lyrics of the song below.
Savior Please by Josh Wilson
Verse 1:
Savior please, take my hand
I work so hard, I live so fast
This life begins, and then it ends
And I do the best that I can
But I don't know long I'll last
Chorus:
I try to be so tough
But I'm just not strong enough
I can't do this alone
God, I need You to hold on to me
I try to be good enough
But I'm nothing without Your love
Savior please, keep saving me
Verse 2:
Savior please, help me stand
I fall so hard, I fade so fast
Will You begin right where I end
And be the God of all I am
Because You're all that I have
Repeat Chorus
Bridge:
Hallelujah
Everything You are to me
Hallelujah
Is everything I'll ever need
Hallelujah
And I'm learning to believe
Hallelujah
That I don't have to prove a thing
Hallelujah
Coz' You're the one who's saving me
Repeat Chorus
No comments:
Post a Comment